Academic Note Taker Job Maynooth Co. Kildare
Servisource are recruiting Note-takers in Maynooth Co.Kildare to assist student(s) with disabilities in Higher Education.
The role is to provide Note-taking services to individual or multiple students, supporting their participation in their chosen course of study
A Note-taker is someone who is confident in recording accurate and detailed notes on content delivered in lectures and providing these to the student in the correct format.
- Note taking will be provided in educational settings only in accordance with the student’s timetable.
- Attend all necessary lectures, tutorials, labs and other academic contact hours and take notes (including written, graphics, diagrams etc)
- Note Takers should be able to record notes quickly and accurately, preferably in typed format and should have good spelling and grammar.
- The Note-taker may be required to act as a Note-taker to more than one student in the same class of study.
- Note-Takers will have the ability to manage confidential information regarding the student and/or their course of study in line with our confidentiality policy.
- An electronic copy of any notes taken should be provided to the student(s).
- If required, the NT will provide their own equipment (e.g. laptop computer),and accept full responsibility for same.
- Undertake other services and/or training as and when requested by his/her line manager.
- Minimum level 7 National Framework of qualifications
- Competency in the use of IT: Minimum level ECDL or equivalent
- Excellent typing skills
- Excellent grammar and spelling required
- Respect for privacy and ability to manage confidential information
- Good Communications and Interpersonal Skills
- Be Highly Motivated with good organisational skills
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Background in student course of study
Now taking Applications to join a panel for roles starting in Semester 1 September 2019.
All applicants are required to be Garda Vetted and Reference checked before joining the panel.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply now by sending your CV in confidence to [email protected] or for further information call Bronwyn on 042-9368329.