The hospital is a 25-bed high dependency inpatient rehabilitation service for both men and women. Provide a multi-disciplinary input including occupational therapy, psychology, psychiatry and vocational training.
As a Consultant Psychiatrist you will have medical responsibility for patients across the service and work as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team made up of various healthcare professionals.
Duties will include; screening and assessing referrals, mental state examination, appropriate diagnosis and treatment, ward rounds and any clinical audits. This position takes a lead on the implementation of risk assessment, risk management and embed clinical governance within the hospital.
This role will be working 3-4 days per week, flexible around the successful applicant.
We are looking for people who have:
- Current experience as a Consultant Psychiatrist, full GMC registration, Section 12 and AC Status
- Experience in Adult Psychiatry is essential
- Experience of working in an Acute Hospital setting
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
In return, we will offer you:
- Salary: up to £140,000 (pro rata and depending on experience)
- Specialist Nursing onsite support
- Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
- CPD support and study leave
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development