Servisource are now recruiting Educational Support Workers for the upcoming 2019/20 academic year. We are recruiting for those interested in this area of work who will be seeking work from September 2019 onwards. Are you postgrad? This is a great opportunity to gain experience and earn while you study.
The role involves providing Academic and/or Personal Assistance to individual student(s), supporting their participation in their chosen course of study. Education Support Workers supports students with disabilities who may require an enhanced level of support to enrich their learning experience and support their participation and equal access in their chosen course of study.
- Minimum level 7 National Framework of qualifications
- Competency in the use of IT: Minimum level ECDL or equivalent
- Respect for privacy and ability to manage confidential information
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Prior experience of working with people with disabilities
- Experience working in a third level institution or the education sector
- Background in student course of study
- Disability awareness
- Be Highly Motivated with good organisational skills
- Assist in facilitating the student’s attendance at all necessary lectures, tutorials, labs and other academic contact hours.
- Assist the student with mobility and orientation around the college at location(s)
- Assist the student with carrying personal belongings, books, folders etc.
- Assist the student with educational tasks including (but not limited to), sourcing library books, photocopying, scanning, etc.
- Assist, if necessary, in assisting the student with Activities of Daily Living on campus
- May be required to act as a Note taker for the student
- The ESW will manage all confidential information they are aware of in relation to the student and/or their course of study in line with our confidentiality policy
- Undertake other services and/or training as and when requested by his/her line manager
These roles are to join a panel of staff for 2019/20 Academic Year.
All applicants must be willing to undergo Garda Vetting and Reference Checking.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply now by sending your CV in confidence to [email protected] or for further information call the Education Support Team on 1800 603 604.