Servisource are recruiting Healthcare/Personal Assistants in Maynooth to assist student(s) with disabilities in Further or Higher Education.
The role is to provide Personal Assistance to individual student(s), supporting their participation in their chosen course of study in Maynooth.
A Personal Assistant supports students with disabilities who may require an enhanced level of support to enrich their learning experience and support their participation and equal access in their chosen course of study.
- Minimum Level 5 Qualification in Healthcare or Social Care
- Recent Experience in working in a Healthcare/Social Care setting providing Personal Care
- Respect for privacy and ability to manage confidential information
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Valid Manual Handling training and experience in using Manual Handling equipment such as hoists
- Prior experience of working with people with disabilities
- Experience working in a third level institution or the education sector
- Disability awareness
- Be Highly Motivated with good organisational skills
Job Description of an Academic Personal Assistant:
- Provide Personal Care to Student
- Assist in facilitating the student’s attendance at all necessary lectures, tutorials, labs and other academic contact hours.
- Assist the student with mobility and orientation around the college at location(s)
- Assist the student with carrying personal belongings, books, folders etc.
- Assist, if necessary, in assisting the student with Activities of Daily Living on campus
- The PA maybe required to act as a PA to more than one student in the same class of study
- The PA will manage all confidential information they are aware of in relation to the student and/or their course of study in line with our confidentiality policy
- Undertake other services and/or training as and when requested by his/her line manager
Now taking applications to join a panel for roles starting in Semester 1 September 2019.
All applicants are required to be Garda Vetted and Reference checked before joining the panel.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply now for a job as an Healthcare/Personal Assistant in Maynooth by sending your CV in confidence to [email protected] or for further information call Bronwyn on 042-936 8329