Myhomecare are currently recruiting a Homecare Assistants to work with people with Intellectual Disabilities that live in their own home in the Limerick City and the Surrounding Areas.
The ideal candidate for this Homecare Role will be caring, empathetic and compassionate, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our client in their day to day tasks. Would need to have experience caring for people with intellectual disabilities is essential.
Working with Intellectual Disabilities Benefits include:
- Great rate of pay and we provide paid holidays
- Block hours available
- Rosters are complete in advance
- 1 day Induction training
- We offer mandatory course such as Patient Moving and Handling and Basic Life Support for certificate renewals
Requirements working as Intellectual Disabilities Carer:
- All candidates must have a Fetac level 5 in Intellectual Disability Studies or Minimum Fetac Level 5 in Care Skills and Care of the Older Person along with experience working in the Intellectual Disabilities environment
- All candidates must have an experience working in an Intellectual Disabilities environment this can be in a Homecare or Healthcare setting
- In-date certificates such as Patient Moving and handling, CPR, Infection Control and Elder abuse is desirable but not essential as training can be provided
- All candidates must be willingness to undergo Garda Vetting
- Full driving licence preferred
Job Responsibilities as Intellectual Disabilities Carer:
- Attending to each client’s individual needs within their own homes.
- Enhance and encourage the person’s social skills and support with activities of daily living.
- Support with any day to day activities and putting any plans in place.
- Person specification must have knowledge and experience in working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Providing personal care to clients in need.
- Potential light housework/meal prep.
All applications for the above advertised will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this position or for further information please email Lorna Lynch with your updated CV to [email protected] quoting the job order number JO-1907-434220 in the subject bar of the email.