Learning Support Tutor – IT Carlow
Servisource Education Support are currently recruiting a part-time Learning Support Tutors for a 3rd Level institute in the Carlow area. The purpose of the role is to provide academic support to students with disabilities. The Learning Support Tutor will aim to enhance academic development and opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Support students registered with the Disability Support Service either individually or in groups by creating and delivering workshops on areas of academic support such as study & research skills, note-taking, academic writing, exam & revision techniques.
- Maintain accurate records to track the progress of each student
- Maintain database regularly, reporting on the need for the service, common issues that arise, number of sessions provided to project going forward.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the various strategies appropriate for supporting students with different disabilities.
- Implement a high standard of practice and abide by policies relating to academic performance.
- Work closely with the Learner Support and Student Services to tailor the service to the specific needs of individual students.
- Build strong professional and sustainable relationships with students and staff within the college.
- Conduct needs assessments for incoming or new students with disabilities that register with the service.
- Attend relevant training and meetings as required.
Due to the nature of the role management reserves the right to amend the job description in line with student and business needs.
- A degree or relevant professional qualification and/or relevant proven experience of working successfully in the field
- Experience of working with students with disabilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate students
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Fluency in English
All candidates must be willing to complete Garda Vetting and supply two recent relevant references.
Contract position for one academic year, with possibility of extension, commecning September 2020.
If you are interested in the role or would like to discuss further please contact Jenny at [email protected] with your CV