Night social care worker roles in South Dublin.
On behalf of our clients Servisource Healthcare are recruiting for a social care worker to work night shifts in South Dublin. The social carer will work directly with clients as part of a team and to provide a safe, secure environment for clients.
There are number of services and client activities which result in different Project Worker roles and responsibilities within the service. You will be required to undertake the role that is assigned to you on each shift to meet operational requirements.
Benefits for working as a social care worker with Servisource:
- An opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and well-established healthcare facility settings
- Excellent rates of pay
- We provide Holiday days
- We provide Social Care workers with training programs.
- Ensure that nightly operation of the service is run smoothly and in accordance with organisational procedure
- Work with all clients and win their trust and respect and deal with difficult or problematic situations in a sensitive manner within the framework of the organisation’s policies and record such incidents as appropriate.
- Carry out administrative procedures in accordance with organisation policies.
- To be involved in the preparation of reports, statistics and other information that may be required by the Project Manager and/or the Head of Service
- To work effectively as a member of a team
- To share responsibility for supporting volunteers if required
- To undertake project work as assigned
- Attend internal/external meetings and training as required by the Lead Project Worker/Project Manager
- Have a flexible approach to the work in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- To work as part of the team with regular and consistent communication participating actively in all team meetings and supporting the ethos.
- To support service delivery through the facilitation of interventions and support work particularly with clients
- Engage with other team members, support colleagues, participate in meetings as required, and be open to reasonable requests from the Lead Project Worker/Project Manager/Service Manager/Head of Service in order to ensure effective working relationships.
- Work within the policies of MQI, both organisation wide and project specific in order to ensure that a consistent delivery of service and quality standards is adhered to in the project.
- Share responsibility to work cohesively where applicable with CE Participants and Volunteers for the delivery of this service and to act as a mentor to those who are working/volunteering in the service
- Participate in regular supervision
- Reporting to the Lead Project Worker for individual support, supervision, performance appraisal working within the parameters of the MQI Quads, HR and H&S policies and procedures
- Participate specific work roles as requested
- Ensure compliance with organisation policies to ensure consistent delivery of services and maintenance of quality standards including: Fire, Health and Safety, Confidentiality, Needs assessment, key working, care planning,
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant third level social care qualification and at least one year full time or equivalent experience of working within low threshold adult services which cater for clients with complex needs essential
- Have an understanding of the issues relating to alcohol and drug use/homelessness and mental health, and experience of client work in these areas, and the interventions required
- Good Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and practice regarding homelessness and/or drug use
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Experience of Key working and care planning
- Experience of working with clients with multiple needs
- Experience of working with homeless specific databases and reporting.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence
To apply for the above position in South Dublin please send an e-mail with an updated CV to Anne at email@example.com