Want to join a Mental Health Nursing Facility in North Dublin as an Occupational Therapist?
My client is a leading provider of residential services for older persons in their state of the art Alzheimer Care Centre registered by the Health, Information and Quality Authority (HIQA).
- To develop, promote and provide a quality Occupational Therapy service across Highfield Hospital
- To undertake skilled and specialised assessment and treatment and management of residents, which will include Activities of Daily Living, Wheelchair and Seating Assessments, Cognitive Assessments, Functional Assessments and Treatment
- To undertake clinical audits
- To develop individualised plans for residents
Role & Responsibilities:
- To test and evaluate residents’ physical and mental abilities and analyse medical data to determine realistic goals for residents.
- Select activities within the limits of residents’ mental and physical capabilities.
- Evaluate residents’ progress and prepare reports that detail progress.
- Re-assess resident requirements on an on-going basis.
- Plan, organise and conduct occupational therapy programmes.
- To plan and manage unit activity programmes with the Activity Therapy and Volunteer teams.
- Help residents improve coordination and perceptual skills and stimulate memory.
- Complete and maintain necessary records.
- To requisition special supplies and equipment as required while being mindful of costs and value.
- Conduct research in occupational therapy in a mental health setting.
- Collaborate with other health team members in assessing and planning resident care.
- To undertake and participate in clinical audits as required.
- To play and active and contributory role in MDT meetings.
- Possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) recognised qualification.
- Experience in assessment of specialised seating.
- Minimum one year’s post qualification experience.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
If you feel you have all the necessary capabilities to carry out this role, apply NOW today.
All candidate’s CVs will be held under the strictest confidence, please email an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com or contact Deirdre Treanor on 0429368395.
Closing date for applications is the 30th of November 2017