Servisource Healthcare are recruiting full-time Psychiatric Nurses for a Mental Health facility in South Dublin.
This state-of-the-art facility offers many benefits for the successful Psychiatric Nurse;
- Fixed roster patterns
- Contributory pension
- Further education supports available
- Comprehensive training
- Free onsite staff parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Employee assistance programme
- Career development
- Flexible working arrangements
- Uniforms supplied on commencement of employment
- Dublin Bus & Irish Rail Tax Savers Scheme
To be eligible for this Psychiatric Nurse position in South Dublin you must have:
• Registration in the psychiatric division of the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Ireland
• A min of 3 years, post qualification experience in an acute mental health setting
• Must have a Degree in Mental Health Nursing
Principal tasks of the Psychiatric Nurse South Dublin:
1. Be accountable for the provision of an efficient and effective nursing service of the highest standard.
2. Practice nursing in accordance with the professional code as laid down by An Bord Altranais.
3. Ensure safe custody, accurate recording and administration of drugs in accordance with established policy.
4. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care programmes within the agreed framework for practice.
5. Adapt a collaborative approach to patient care through the co-ordination of care and interventions provided by other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
6. Participate in clinical induction, teaching & education programmes for support staff.
7. Maintain appropriate and accurate records regarding patient care.
8. Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility.
9. Follow appropriate rules of authority within the nurse management structure.
10. Take management responsibility for the unit in the absence of the clinical nurse manager.
11. Participate as a team member in all aspects of patient care and delegate work to team members as appropriate.
12. Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and assume responsibility for professional self –development.
13. Maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, families, visitors & staff.
14. Act as an advocate for the patient and their families to ensure that they are appropriately informed and counselled regarding their care needs.
15. Participate in the setting of professional standards, understand and co-operate with the need to measure and audit the effectiveness of care delivery.
16. Utilise the resources provided in an effective and economic manner. Co-operate in the rostering of nursing and support staff to ensure optimum use of nursing resources.
17. Demonstrate flexibility by assisting in other areas of the service as required.
18. To carry out other duties appropriate to the role as may be assigned by the Director of Nursing or designee from time to time.
To apply for the psychiatric nursing job in South Dublin send a copy of your CV to Nicky: [email protected] or call Nicky on 021-4626154