We are looking for a Registered Intellectual Disability Nurse for an immeidate start in South Limerick.
Responsibilities of the Intellectual Disability Nurse in Co. Limerick:
- Responsible for the general well being of service users in care.
- To provide care of a physical, psychological and social nature for service users.
- Recognise and report physical/social/emotional problems and assist in the implementation of programmes to counter act same.
- To deliver care in a professional manner and in line with HIQA requirements if working a residential setting.
- To foster parental/family involvement and to support and liaise with parents/guardians/family members as required. Ensure that parents, relatives and other visitors are welcomed to day / residential services and treated with courtesy.
- To create and maintain a therapeutic environment within your area ensuring that programme activities and environment relate to the strengths and needs of the individual and adhere to the principal of normalisation.
- To incorporate the expertise of any persons who may enhance the variety/quality of care for the service users.
- To design, implement and co-ordinate programmes in education, training, and work. To liaise with Line Manager/PIC with regards to providing work opportunities for service users where required.
- To foster integration and provide social/ leisure opportunities for service users within the local community in line with the Foundation’s philosophy.
- To maintain all records and reports as are required e.g. - Drug administration - Daily progress reports - Nursing notes - Psychiatry Review Reports etc.
- To be familiar with the other nursing programmes within adult/children’s services and provide support/relief as requested by the Manager & Assistant Manager of day and residential services
- Responsible for purchasing and budgeting household monies and making purchases locally where possible
- To establish and maintain relationships with the residents which are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
- To liaise with members of the multi-disciplinary team and attend meetings, Case conferences, in-service training etc. as required.
- Promote dignity at work and show respect to residents, colleagues, families and stakeholders in course of duty.
- To ensure that staff establish and maintain relationships with the residents which are based on respect and equality and promote their independence.
Requirements of the Intellectual Disability Nurse in Co. Limerick:
- NMBI Registered
- ID qualification, or equivalant experience in an ID facility.
- Living in Ireland and ready to start work as soon as possible.
If you feel you have the required experience for this Intellectual Disability Nurse role, please forward an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Nicky Blower on 021-4626154.
All applications for this Intellectual Disability Nurse position in Co. Limerick will be treated with strict confidence.