As a Social Care Worker (SCW) for this position in Kilkenny, you will use positive approaches to support people who may display challenging behaviour in line with organisational best practice. In this job, you may be asked to participate in all aspects of the running of the service including leisure activities, escort duties, general cleaning and upkeep of the service.
The ideal candidate for this Social Care Worker (SCW) job in Kilkenny should be a caring individual, who is willing to offer protection and support to vulnerable or dependent clients both individually and in groups. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. An ideal candidate for this Social Care Worker (SCW) job in Kilkenny should also have excellent organisational, motivational, and interpersonal skills together with the ability to work on your own initiative and effectively manage your time. In addition, you will have proven leadership skills.
Job Benefits for Social Care Worker (SCW) Kilkenny:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid holidays
- Subsidised training is available on all mandatory certificates (Patient Moving & Handling, CPR/First Aid, Infection Control, Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons and MAPA/Challenging Behaviour)
- Great opening for flexibility to suit your work life balance.
- Excellent opportunity to work as part of a team linking in with members of multidisciplinary team on a daily basis.
Job Responsibilities for Social Care Worker (SCW), Kilkenny:
- Interaction with people with various disabilities.
- Assess needs, develop strategies and implement plans that can be used to support change and development; particularly strategies to support self-esteem, motivation and resilience.
- Be supportive at all times, facilitating individuals to make their own decisions and to self-advocate.
- Provide practical support and guidance as needed.
- Assist service users with personal care, hygiene, feeding and toileting where necessary etc.
Candidate Requirements for Social Care Worker (SCW), Limerick
- Minimum Level 7 Degree in Social Care Studies
- Previous experience working within an Intellectual Disability Service
- Candidates must have up-to-date training certificates (Patient Moving and Handling is mandatory)
- Will have a proven ability to interact successfully on a one-to-one basis with clients.
- Willingness to undertake Servisource Garda Vetting
- Full immunisations/vaccination history
- Fluent English and good communication skills is essential
- Full clean drivers licence and own car is ideal.
All applications for the above advertised Social Care Worker (SCW) Job in Kilkenny will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this position or for further information please email Lorraine Hurley with your updated CV to [email protected] quoting the job order number JO-1812-421608 in the subject bar of the email.