The potential candidate will be required to complete an induction with the client as soon as possible. Full clean drivers licence and access to own transport is required.
The ideal candidate will be caring, empathetic and compassionate, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on a team and also on your own initiative.
Benefits of the Social Care Worker (SCW) position in Limerick:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Subsidised training is available on all mandatory certificates (Patient Moving & Handling, CPR/First Aid, Infection Control, Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons and MAPA/Challenging Behaviour)
- It is a great opening for flexibility to suit your work/life balance.
- Excellent opportunity to work as part of a team linking in with members of multi-disciplinary team on a daily basis.
Responsibilities of the Social Care Worker (SCW) position in Limerick:
- Be supportive at all times, facilitating individuals to make their own decisions and to self-advocate.
- Provide practical support and guidance as needed.
- Assist service users with personal care, hygiene, feeding and toileting etc.
Candidate Requirements for Social Care Worker (SCW), Limerick
- Minimum Level 7 Degree in Social Care Studies
- Previous experience working within an Intellectual Disability Service
- Candidates must have up-to-date training certificates (Patient Moving and Handling is mandatory)
- Willingness to undertake Servisource Garda Vetting
- Full immunisations/vaccination history
- Fluent English and good communication skills is essential
- Excellent written references required
All applications for the above advertised Social Care Worker (SCW) Job in South Limerick will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
To apply for this position or for further information please email Lorraine Hurley with your updated CV to [email protected] quoting the job order number JO-1810-417323 in the subject bar of the email.