My client is a Nursing Home 15 minutes outside Cork City comprising of a 58 bedded residential facility. My client offers a comprehensive range of services including end of life care, long stay, short stay, respite, care and rehabilitation.
- Supervise, control staff and delegate duties as necessary.
- Working successfully within a team of 2 other nurses and 8 HCA's.
- Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and ensuring they are treated as individuals.
- Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all residents, relatives and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times, especially to the bereaved.
- Ensure all policies are known and adhered to by all staff.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate records at all levels within the home.
- Ensures the agreed policies and procedures for the control, administration and custody of all drugs and medicines are adhered to.
- Participates in HIQA visits and conversant with standards of care expected.
- Ensure all admissions to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation completed.
- Liaise with health care professionals as necessary regarding the discharge of a resident to the community to ensure continuity of care.
Registered on the Irish live register – An Bord Altranais
Must be legally resident in Ireland
Experience in care of the elderly desired but not essential.
If you are interested in the Staff Nurse position in Cork, please send an updated CV to Nicky: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention Job Order number JO-2002-446679 in the subject bar of your email.