Experienced Theatre Nurse required for a hospital in Tralee, Co. Kerry. This is a temporary maternity contract to begin with, may be extended. Therefore, due to the nature of this contract, you must have your NMBI Pin and have the legal ability to work in Ireland.
Job Requirements for Theatre Nurse Job in Kerry:
• Candidates must have up-to-date and relevant certificates in Manual Handling, CPR and Infection Control
• Willingness to undertake Garda Vetting is essential
• Registered on the Irish live register - An Bord Altranais
• Full immunisations against Hepatitis B are a must
• All candidates must have a Nursing Midwives Board of Ireland (NMBI/ABA) PIN
Theatre Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to basic nursing care, responsibilities of Theatre Nurses include (but are not limited to):
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient
• Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
• Provides arterial & intravenous therapy
Assist surgeon before, during and after procedures to ensure all equipment is ready & available
• Monitors vital signs and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology, communicates patient’s condition to care team
• Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations
• Instructs and educates patient’s family
• Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
• Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
Are you a Theatre Nurse living in Kerry or are you a Theatre Nurse looking to relocate to Kerry? If so please contact me about the theatre nurse job in Kerry.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Please send your CV to [email protected]