The Director of Nursing is responsible to direct and coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish and maintain a standard of residential care and activities in accordance with the best national and international practices and within available resources. Coordinate the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by Sonas and Statutory Regulations.
Duties of the Director of Nursing:
- Undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person in Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA National Quality Standards.
- Oversee the organisation, management and operations of all aspects of the Nursing Home in coordination with the Registered Provider.
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to all staff to maintain and improve standards amongst the team.
- Use leadership styles that have a positive impact on staff morale and the Nursing Home environment.
- The Director of Nursing must establish and maintain through high standards of professional practice, a caring environment which is conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Take steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the relevant parties of any concerns.
- Promote, encourage and practice person-centred care.
- The Director of Nursing in Co. Mayo must be available to work night and weekend shifts as required.
Requirements for this Director of Nursing role:
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
- Minimum three years’ previous work experience in a management capacity is essential.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last six years’.
- Minimum six years’ post-registration nursing experience.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
- Full Irish Driver’s License and access to own transport is essential.
If you feel you have the necessary requirements for this Director of Nursing role in Co. Mayo, please contact Nicky Blower on 021-4626154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated CV. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.