Myhomecare are urgently seeking Homecare Assistant in Askeaton, Limerick to work on a one to one with the Elderly in their own home.
Myhomecare supplies home care services and home nursing solutions right across Ireland and is recognised by the HSE as a preferred supplier for home care. The Ideal candidate would have experience in a healthcare setting with a good understanding of English language both written and verbal.
Benefits of working as a Homecare Assistant:
- Excellent rates of pay, paid weekly
- Paid Holidays
- We provide continuous upskilling of mandatory courses to all Homecare Workers including Patient Moving and Handling and CPR.
Requirements for applying for a Homecare Assistant:
- Candidates must have FETAC level 5 in Care Skills and Care of the Elderly
- Up-to-date certs in Patient Moving and Handling, CPR and Infection Control (desirable but training can be provided)
- Minimum of 120 hours work experience in a healthcare setting
- Full vaccination history required which must include MMR and Varicella (chicken pox)
- Candidates must be willing to undergo Garda Vetting
- Have a Full Clean Driving Licence (desirable but not essential)
Job Responsibilities for a Homecare Assistant:
- Providing personal care to each individual client in their own home.
- Aid with all aspects of daily living.
- Light housework and food prep.
- Reporting any deterioration in client’s condition.
- Providing companionship to the client.
- Motivate the client to maximise or achieve independence.
All Homecare Workers applying for Homecare jobs will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
To apply for the position please send an updated CV to Lorna Lynch at [email protected] or call 1800 400 900 for more information, quoting the following Job order number: JO-1511-321843
Applicants will be treated with the strictest of confidence.