Servisource Education Support are currently recruiting a Learning Support Officer to be based in a 3rd Level education institute in Dublin City. The purpose of the role is to provide academic support to students with disabilities. The Learning Support Tutor will aim to enhance academic development and opportunities for students with disabilities.
The tasks and duties of the post will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Disability Support and Student Services on the need’s assessments for students with disabilities that wish to avail of the service.
- Support students with disabilities individually or in small groups by creating/delivering workshops on areas of academic support including; study & research skills, note-taking, academic writing, exam & revision techniques and mind mapping.
- Provide a drop-in hour service daily, along with scheduled daily appointments
- Liaise with academics in relation to assisting students with specific needs and requirements
- Maintain accurate files to track the progress of each student
- Develop materials for learning support
- Make appropriate referrals to staff within the Institute, e.g. Assistive technology Officer, Occupational Therapy, Counselling or Medical
- Carry out regular service evaluation activities, e.g., through obtaining feedback from students and staff
- Inform students with disabilities of relevant procedures/rights and benefits, e.g. deadlines for exam supports
- Direct policy in relation to the provision of learning support to students with disabilities
- In conjunction with the Head of Disability Support Services, promote service to staff within the Institute through the provision of fliers and information leaflets
Due to the nature of the role management reserves the right to amend the job description in line with student and business needs.
- A Level 8 degree in Education or Psychology.
- Comprehensive knowledge of education system, Higher Education entry routes, Higher Education participation rates and transitions to Higher Education
- Understand current Irish Legislative requirements as they apply to the provision of services to students with disabilities in Higher Education.
- Understanding of the area of disability and the importance of confidentiality and GDPR compliance
- Experience of working with students with disabilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate students
- Excellent organisational and record keeping skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Fluency in English
All applicants must be willing to be Garda Vetted and Reference checked to be considered for this role.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply now by sending your CV to Jenny at [email protected] or call 042-9368323