Want to join a Mental Health Nursing Facility in North Dublin as a Liason Nurse?
My client is a leading provider of residential services for older persons in their state of the art Alzheimer Care Centre registered by the Health, Information and Quality Authority (HIQA).
The post holder is required to drive referrals into the organisation using all resident/patient referral pathways while effectively collaborating with Consultants, healthcare establishments, and other key contacts including bed managers, GP’s etc and the HSE.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Act as brand ambassador in liaising with families and external bodies in demonstrating the services/competencies
- Develop and enhance working relationships with Hospital Consultants, DONs, GP’s, Social Workers, internally and externally with Bed Managers and Discharge Planners in the main hospitals/healthcare establishments with a view to achieving agreed occupancy goals.
- Complete assessments of residents/patients including domiciliary visits to patient’s house / acute hospital / nursing home etc.
- Create and enhance accurate Bed List data including follow-up of admissions /discharges / deaths / internal transfers / hospital admissions / respite admissions.
- Own and drive the weekly occupancy meeting with the support of the DONs.
- Compliance: Ensuring admissions comply with HIQA and Mental Health Commission standards, all necessary information relating to the residents’ health, personal and social care needs is obtained prior to the admission.
- Ensure funding for new admissions
- Maintain effective communications with senior managers, families, consultants, DONs, etc
- Be a registered nurse with the NMBI
- Have a minimum of 5 years, post qualification experience in healthcare sector including pharma and associated industries
- Must have a full driving licence & access to a car
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with a wide range of organisations
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
If you feel you have all the necessary capabilities to carry out this role, apply NOW today.
All candidate’s CVs will be held under the strictest confidence, please email an updated copy of your CV to email@example.com or contact Deirdre Treanor on 0429368395.
Closing date for applications is the 30th of November 2017